The 3rd/4th-grade team is for all boys and girls interested in learning the game of lacrosse and competing with other teams in Berkshire County and southern Vermont/Eastern New York. Games are usually scheduled on Saturday and Sunday, with some mid-week games possible. The season will consist of approximately 8-12 games plus jamborees. 3rd-4th-grade players will get exposure to and play all four positions: Attack, Midfield, Defense and Goalie. The emphasis at this age is on developing fundamental skills and fun!
Goals for 3rd-4th Grade program are:
- Understanding of fundamental skills
- Scoop, Catch, Throw, Shoot, Dodge – and a combination of skills
- Transition play and general gameplay
- off-sides and gameplay rules
- Understand lacrosse movements and rules
- Body defense – on ball, small game offense 1v1, 2v2, 3v3
- Game and equipment safety
- Having fun
A typical practice might include structure:
- Team meeting
- 5 minute warm up
- 15 minutes of base skills
- 10 minutes of instruction
- 15 minutes of base technique
- 15-20 minutes of free play or gameplay
- shoulder pads
- arm pads
- lacrosse gloves
- protective cup
Note: The program has some pads to lend for the season. We cannot provide helmets.
Please register by March 1st so you can be put on the notification list for your team. Coaches will be in contact with additional information. The main registration fee is $125 plus $30 for a US Lacrosse Membership.